Thursday, December 17, 2009

Rules of the trading game - Few things to know

Firstly the lots are 1000 of any currency, so when I refer to 1000 short, I am basically saying I am short 1000 lots of 1000 each i.e. 1 mn EUR is equal to 1000 lots of EUR here.

There are a few charges for overnight exposure but they are small so I want bother you with details

My trading is based on two factors, Fundamental Bias and technical analysis. As of now a fundamental bias for strengthening Dollar which has been playing for the past two weeks and my understanding of the technical charts which helps me manage my risk. (though the dollar strength has been such that technical analysis has caused my loose a good part of the move)

I am not new to trading per se, I had traded equity cash and futures for about 2 years professionally and have traded on and off on my own account for the past 5-6 years.

Also this is not the first time I am trading currencies. I have traded currencies on and off for some contest or the other during my B-school days and have been following currencies and global economies closely due to my work. Hence I have some feel of the market and how economic news and other factors affect the currency market.

My details are available at many places and I will be happy to provide more details if anyone is interested.